Monday, March 27, 2006

Getting Better

I'm feeling much better today, thanks to a restful weekend. Sickness has a way of revealing that my values are often in the wrong place. I find, when I am away from the office and not motivated to work, that I suddenly feel unimportant, unwanted. Which tells me that I have been looking to ministry -- instead of to Christ -- for a sense of completeness, wholeness, & significance. I also find, when I have spent a couple days in a row doing absolutely nothing, that I need to do that more often!

It's so easy to let ministry replace people (not to mention God), and to be busy without doing anything of real importance.

Contentment means not requiring activity and recognition for inner well-being. A contented person lives out of a deep well of grace, fed by the springs of God's unconditional love.

No comments: