Monday, May 15, 2006

Covenant

Suzy, our son Michael, and I had a great weekend in Princeton, NJ. We saw our son-in-law Scott graduate from seminary on Saturday. An unexpected blessing was seeing him honored as winner of an award in homiletics. The highlight of the weekend for me, however, was baptizing my grandson Eben on Sunday (see an earlier post on his amazing story). This picture was taken after the worship service at The Anchor Presbyterian Church. From left to right: my daughter Rebecca, granddaughter Tyler, Scott, me, Eben, Suzy, and Michael.

Eben's baptism once again reminded me of God's faithfulness to the covenant He has made with believers in Jesus to be their God and the God of their children (Genesis 17:7). God has demonstrated his covenant love to me over and over through the lives of my kids. Despite my failures as a parent - and they have been many - God has held on to each of us. It is my greatest joy in life to see my children walking with God. Praise be to Him!

"He remembers His covenant forever. He provided redemption for His people; He ordained His covenant forever - holy and awesome is His name!" (Psalm 111:5, 9)

No comments: