Saturday, May 06, 2006

Learning contentment

I just realized how ironic my last post is, in light of the theme of my blog being "A Journey in Contentment." Hey, like I said, it's a journey! I'm not there yet! I do have some pet peeves. I haven't yet arrived at the point where I can say, with Paul, that "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation" (Philippians 4:12).

But I'll bet even Paul had some pet peeves. I think one of his pet peeves was people who, like John Mark, didn't get with the program fast enough (Acts 15:36-41). We know he got peeved at Peter one time (Galatians 2:11-14). I guess that time it was a righteous peeve, though. Like the time Jesus got righteously peeved with the money-changers in the Temple (Mark 11:15-17). My pet peeves are not very righteous; they're actually rather selfish.

Then again, Pet Peeve #1 kind of goes along with the title of my blog being "The Greener Grass."

No comments: