Friday, June 23, 2006

Car insurance bad news-good news

I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Our son Michael got his driver's license last week so I added him onto our insurance policy. Our 6-month premium jumped from $1050 to $2518!! I couldn't believe it. Let that be a warning to all you whose kids are approaching driving age!

I was all depressed and then I thought I should shop around and see if I could find a better rate. So I went to Geico and found out I could save a bunch of money on my car insurance! Now it's only going to cost me $1286 for 6 months. Whew! what a relief.

3 comments:

rob said...

Wow. That's significant!

Patricia said...

So the commercials really do tell the truth!

doodlebugmom said...

I have two teenagers drivers. So I feel your pain! Gieco...ask around and see how other people like it before you commit, that is my warning to you.

Linda :o)