Monday, June 26, 2006

Car insurance - part deux

Well, I spoke too soon. Turns out Geico found a couple of things on our driving record that I'd forgotten about, and it sent our premium up a good bit from what they told me last week. The good news (still) is that I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance, but not near as much as I thought I did. Why is it that a small claim 2 years ago for an accident that was NOT my fault affects my car insurance premium today??? What acts of penance to I have to perform to get this off my record???

2 comments:

Matthaeus Flexibilis said...

Check out one of the web sites that will give you a bunch of rates at once, e.g., insure.com. Also, I'd recommend checking out The Motley Fool for any financial matter from insurance to buying a house to investing. They have great advice and tools available for free. Their car insurance section can be found here.

Mike said...

Thanks!