Saturday, August 05, 2006

Aloha!

Suzy and I got back yesterday from Hawaii. We were there for ten days. Needless to say, we had a great time! I'm still recovering. Here are just a few pictures. My favorite thing was our bike ride down the Haleakala Crater on Maui (I've always wanted to say "Maui," like I'm a world traveler). I also loved going snorkeling and seeing some of the amazing fish God has made. We did that near the port of Kona on the Big Island, and again in beautiful Hanauma Bay on Oahu.

But I guess the big deal about this trip was the following:
  • Getting away, and not once checking my "work" emails
  • Being with Suzy on our 30th anniversary
  • Eating lots of awesome food on our cruise ship (the Pride of Hawaii)
  • Reading (I got 3/4 of the way through Bob Spitz's 992-page biography of The Beatles . . . something real spiritual)
  • And breathing into my soul one of the most beautiful places God created on earth. I'll have more to say about that in future posts.
Top picture: Our cruise ship in port
Middle picture: Suzy and me in our Hawaiian duds at a luau on our last night in Honolulu
Bottom picture: Waimea Canyon, called the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific," on Kauai

7 comments:

Paul said...

Mike, I glad you had a great time. We nissed you.

rob said...

Very cool. Welcmoe back!

Mike said...

It's nice to have friends who can spell so well! I like being nissed and welcmoed. Thanks guys!

Paul said...

Welcome back Mike.

If you give Cathy your password, maybe she'll fix all the typos for you.

Mike said...

That's OK, Paul, I like pointing them out because, like her, I'm a typo Nazi. Oh, I guess I should also point out that in your first comment "I glad" sounds like something my granddaugher would say! She's four.

All in good fun.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!
kelly

Jill said...

I am glad you both had such a great time! When Jason and I were there, we went to the Haleakala Crater to see the sunrise! Crazy! We got up at like 4:00 in the morning to be at the top for the sunrise. It was beautiful!