Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The body of Christ

As I said a few posts ago, I'm really busy right now with this annual event at our church called Vision Awareness Sunday. We're doing a big production that plays off the old Christmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life. At times it crosses my mind, "Why am I doing this?! I was crazy to ever say 'yes' to this!!"

But there are several reasons why this is an important event in which to invest my time. One reason is that this kind of thing pulls people together from all over the place in our church, and gives the body of Christ a great excuse to work together. New people jump in and get their feet wet. Talented people get to use their gifts of construction, writing, music, acting, and photography. Not-so-talented people get to fill a niche, without whom the show could not go on. In an event like this you get to know people you never would have met otherwise. You get to laugh, create, brainstorm, problem-solve, and celebrate together with others who make up God's family.

Please pray that Vision Awareness Sunday would inform, inspire, and energize the body of Christ at my church. It's happening this Sunday, August 27, at 9:00 a.m.

No comments: