Thursday, August 17, 2006

My new blog resolution

Alright, I know I haven't been blogging much lately. My excuse is that I'm 'way busier than ever because of some things I'm in charge of at my church. But it's made me think that I need to adjust my blog philosophy. My friend Rob says to post something -- even if it's a sentence or two -- every day. That's hard for me. I like to write, and my m.o. is to write carefully and thoroughly, or not at all. But I think Rob is right, and I'm going to FORCE myself to sit down and say something every day or two...even if it's something nobody cares about.

So I'm going to tell you about the big thrill of my day. For the first time, I had the new Chick-fil-A milkshake (vanilla, to be specific). Have you tried one of those yet? It's right up there with Steak 'n Shake, only bigger. I'm a sucker for milkshakes, and Chick-fil-A now has one of the best out there.

Chick-fil-A is a great fast food restaurant. I love that they shut down on Sundays. I also love that they have decaf Diet Coke.

Way to go, Truett Cathy. Your stock just went up a little higher with me.

7 comments:

PaulF said...

A non-New Year's resolution? Maybe this one has a chance. Good luck!

rob said...

As for blogging every day, it's advice, not a command! I found that it helped me in finding my niche and clear myself up for what I wanted to actually write about.

As for milkshakes, I'm not a fan. Of course being alergic to dairy...

As for Chick-fil-A, I'm a huge fan. Love the place. Trouble with Sundays though is often that's when I get the urge to go!

Anonymous said...

Love the cookies-n-cream milkshake and love the decaf diet coke, which is the about the only soda I can drink. I'd never met anyone else who likes CFA for that reason!
--Anna (Limber)

Becky W. said...

Definitely the Cookies-N-Cream milkshake from Chick-Fil-A is the best one! I love milkshakes, as well and became immediately hooked on the new ones from CFA when I first tried one recently. I did try the chocolate one, as well, but it paled in comparison to the Cookies-N-Cream version!

Mike said...

Looks like I'll have to give the Cookies & Cream flavor a try!

Ruthie said...

Yeah, the cookies and cream is the BEST. I love shakes and think these are better than anyones! Except the other day my daughter told me that a friend of hers who works at CFA said they each have 1700 calories! Guess I'll have to ask them to hold the whip cream!

Mike said...

1700??!! Wow. For someone my age, that's like all I need for the whole day!