Friday, August 18, 2006

Things I get to do because I'm a granddad

My daughter Rebecca just returned to Mississippi after spending a week with us, taking OUR two grandkids with her. The gall!

We always have a great time with Tyler (age 4 1/2) and Eben (age 2). Here are some things I did with them that I don't get to do when they're not around:
  • Pig out at Dunkin' Donuts
  • Ride the kiddie rides & eat pizza at Chuck E Cheese's
  • Throw kids up in the air in the pool
  • Read a bed-time story
  • Play Old Maid and Crazy 8's
  • Watch the Backyardigans and Little Einsteins on TV
  • Walk very slowly
  • Jump the waves at the beach
  • Dig for sand crabs at the beach
  • Buy hot dogs at the beach
  • Play with Kids Meal toys at McDonalds
  • Feed swans
  • Play hide and seek
  • Make a mess of the house and not worry about it; it'll just get messed up again anyway

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. Lately I've been thinking about how I get to do so many fun things now that I'm a mom. It's almost like being a kid again myself, except that somehow my joy is magnified. Perhaps it's because Evie's happiness is my happiness, so I have both hers and mine heaped on me. Maybe it's three times the joy for a grandparent. :)
-Anna

Mike said...

You're right, Anna - at least 3 times the joy! See what you have to look forward to?!

Matt said...

Sounds like a really busy week!

But it sounds like a blast as well - glad you made the most of the time.