Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Grandkids update


My grandson Tate is now almost 2 months old! I can't wait to see him when he & his family come to see us for Christmas. I saw him the day he was born, but I know he's changed a lot already.

Here's my prayer for you, Tate:

"May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. May the Lord bless you from Zion all the days of your life . . . and may you live to see your children's children."
(Psalm 115:15, 128:5-6)


Recently my wife visited our grandkids. Below is a picture of her holding all 3 of them at once!

Tyler is now five years old. She called us the other day and reminded us that we told her one time that we'd take her to Disney World when she turned five. So we've got to make good on our promise! Maybe we'll do that the week after Christmas.

Tyler is beautiful inside and out. She has such a cheerful, loving spirit. She is a joy-spreader. My prayer for you, Tyler, is that...

"Your beauty will not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it will be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
(1 Peter 3:3-4)

Eben is about 2 1/2. He is life itself, full of an adventurous spirit. He's a lot of fun to be with. I played hide and seek with him when I visited back in September. It's funny playing that game with a 2-year old because kids that age don't understand hiding. As soon as I say "Ready or not, here I come," he runs out of hiding and yells.

Here's a blessing for you Eben, taken from Jacob's blessing of his grandsons Ephraim and Manasseh:

"May the God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day,
the Angel who has delivered me from all harm -- may He bless this boy.
May he increase greatly upon the earth!"
(Genesis 48:15-16)

No comments: