Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful for...

  • A wife who has called my heart out of me and loved me through all the ups and downs of our 30 years together, and whom I still enjoy being with more than any other person on the planet
  • Children who are secure and happy, love God, are engaged in the church, and are using their gifts to expand the Kingdom of God
  • Grandkids...I never thought I'd have 3 of them at age 52!
  • Friends that let me be a regular person
  • Parents that gave me freedom to explore and structure to keep me safe
  • A church that values grace above performance
  • A Bible that many people died to give me
  • A body that still works pretty well
  • A house that is a happy home
  • Above all, Jesus the Friend of sinners -- of whom I am chief.
These are just some of the things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving.

Thank you so much, God!

No comments: