Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We caved


Yes, that's right. We bought a fake Christmas tree. From Lowe's, the Christmas wonderland of wonderlands.

I feel like an adulterer, a whore, a compromiser, a heretic!

I remember not too many years ago, I swore I'd never do this. And now look at me. What would my Dad say? What would Jimmy Stewart say?

The saddest thing of all is, the box says this is a "Just Cut Ashville Fraiser Fir." (They misspelled Asheville and Fraser.) That's funny, because the other side of the box says it's from China. And we bought it anyway.

I'm sorry, spirit of Christmas past!!

4 comments:

orangejack said...

I've only had a real tree once or twice in about 20 years. My mom is allergic and we travel for Christmas so much a fake one is good for us.

But this weekend we may become an enabler for lumberjacks everywhere.

The Williams Family said...

I can totally relate! When Scott & I were first married, we swore we would NEVER buy an artificial Christmas tree the first several years. Then, the kids came along and we found a deal too good to pass up at Costco. It was when they first started making those pre-lit trees! I felt like such a traitor! It was a beautiful tree, though, shaped just the way we like it. We have not regretted it since, because as each year approaches during Christmas season, I sigh in relief at one less expense for the holiday season. But, I know it won't be long before I want to revert back to a fresh tree for "old times sake"!

Mike said...

You're right, Becky, I'm sure it'll save money (and loads of time!) at Christmas time in the future!

PaulF said...

We've had a fake tree for a while. We do a rotation. 2 Years fake, 1 year real.

That way we save money 2 out of 3 years and still get a real one every third year.