I'm convinced that God reveals Himself in all sorts of ways throughout our days, and we fail to "taste" Him. We fail to see Him in the things that happen to us, or hear Him in the sounds of nature, or smell Him in the air, or feel Him in the people and things that surround us.
So today I tried to think of some of the ways God gives me little "tastes" of Himself:
- Coming home to a house my wife has decorated with creativity.
- Driving past the Merita Bread factory on I-4 at night and smelling their fresh-baked bread.
- Getting a call from one of my kids.
- Looking out my back porch just as three sandhill cranes walk past.
- Hearing Jonathan and Amanda Noel sing together on Sunday morning.
- Enjoying a close game of raquetball with my buddies.
- Listening to my son play his guitar upstairs.
- Watching as a great blue heron takes to flight out of our pond.
- Sharing a meal with friends.
- Getting a backrub from my wife.
- Listening to a Tim Keller sermon on my iPod.
- Getting a cinnamon crunch bagel and a Diet Pepsi at Panera.
What little tastes of God have you had lately?