Sunday, February 18, 2007

Beatles live again

For all you Beatle fans out there, have you got the latest addition to your Beatles CD library? It's called Love, and it's the new music used in the Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas by the same name. It's great! It's a collection of Beatle songs from every one of their "phases," but the songs are cut-and-pasted together in a most creative way by producer George Martin (who else?!). For example, "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" (from Sgt. Pepper) ends with that awesome ending from "She's So Heavy" (from Abbey Road), and it's seamless. Similarly, "Within You Without You" is combined with "Tomorrow Never Knows," and it's like they were meant to be one song!

One of the most creative songs on the CD is called "Gnik Nus." That's "Sun King" (from Abbey Road) spelled backwards. And that's what the song is..."Sun King" backwards!

It's hard to describe, so buy the CD and enjoy the Beatles as you've never heard them before.

Whenever I listen to these old Beatle songs, I'm sad that drugs and alcohol and who-knows-what-else the Beatles did robbed later generations of the awesome musical gifts God gave the world through them.

2 comments:

Mark Bates said...

I just bought this CD on Friday and love it. I had been thinking about it for a while, but wasn't sure if I wanted it. After all, they are messing with some classic songs here. However, instead of ruining old tunes, the CD freshens up some old favorites. Good stuff.

orangejack said...

First the good news: I like the CD also.

Now the bad news: I borrowed it from my mom.