Sunday, August 19, 2007

Two goodbyes in one week

Last Monday, I said goodbye to our church's Senior Pastor, who after 16 years at our church accepted a call to a church in Colorado Springs.

Tomorrow, my wife and I say "goodbye" (in a way) to our youngest son Michael, who is starting his freshman year at Florida State. Actually, he's been up in Tallahassee for a week looking for a job (which he found!). But we're taking the rest of his personal belongings to him, setting up his dorm room, and leaving him in the hands of...whom??!!

God.

3 comments:

The Williams Family said...

I'm still sad about the Bates family moving...

I can relate about the feelings of sending you child off to school. Today I walked my oldest two children to their classrooms, since it was the first day of school for them (1st grade & 3rd grade). It's a sad, but happy moment at the same time for me as a parent. The good news for me is that Sierra's 3rd grade teacher this year happens to be a wonderful teacher that I used to teach 2nd grade with back when I taught in a different public school! She & I were on the same grade level as teachers and she even helped give me a baby shower back when I was pregnant with Sierra! I NEVER thought she'd end up teaching Sierra one day in school. It's almost surreal...but at least I know & trust whose hands she'll be in for the day, in addition to the Lord's hands! ~Becky

jason said...

hey mike, just listened to your sermon from this past sunday. praying for you, suzy, michael and the rest of upc.

Jill said...

And not to mention losing your favorite Life Group members next week! :-)