Thursday, November 29, 2007

Great time in Mississippi

My wife and I just got back from a 6-day "Thanksgiving" visit with our daughter Rebecca and her family in Gulfport, MS. It's so much fun to be with them, to see how they've all grown and matured, to witness God's patient work in the two churches my son-in-law pastors, to play with my grandkids...and to experience just a LITTLE bit of winter (as compared to Florida!).

Some highlights of the trip (yes, I probably gained 10 pounds on this trip):
  • Fried turkey
  • Pecan pie
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • Lunch at the "pancy new McDonald's" (grandson Eben's term for the new McDonald's with computer games inside!)
  • Sunday morning worship at Handsboro Presbyterian Church
  • Smoked ribs
  • Fried shrimp po' boy and onion rings
  • Riding the carousel with Eben
  • Giving Tyler and Eben "towel throws" and "towel rolls" on their mom & dad's bed
  • Getting grandson Tate to laugh and talk to me
  • Watching the movie, Shattered Glass (a great rental)
  • Laughing at Dancing with the Stars
  • Steak on the grill
  • Playing the game Compatibility and laughing at all the times sex came up
  • Walking with my wife
  • Shopping for Christmas toys for the grandkids
  • Take-out from McAlisters
Ah, the pleasures of being a husband, father, and granddad.

2 comments:

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Lenka said...

Good for people to know.