Thursday, November 01, 2007

Priceline

I think those Priceline commercials featuring William Shatner are great. But I had never actually used Priceline until today. I needed to rent an SUV for a trip my family and I are planning around Christmas time, so I gave Priceline a try. All the rental prices I looked at elsewhere were astronomical. So just on a whim I entered a much lower figure on the Priceline website...and it was accepted by Avis! It was about half the going rate from the cheapest rental car company. Even with taxes and fees added in, it looks like I saved over $400.

Next time I'm looking for a hotel or car or something, I'll check out Priceline again.

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Wow! That sounds like a Geico commercial...wanna save some money on your car insurance, too? LOL
~Becky

Anonymous said...

Fortune hotels are expanding fast with the opening of new properties across the country. The rooms of these hotels are well equipped with all the modern amenities, which a traveler is looking for. Recently Fortune has opened new properties in Navi Mumbai, Kolkata and Pune. These business hotels in Navi Mumbai, hotels Kolkata and Pune hotels are all set to be the preferred destination for the discerning business traveler. These hotels in Navi Mumbai, Kolkata hotel and Pune hotels offer a choice of F&B outlets also. The services in these hotels are offered in a warm atmosphere. The traveler would certainly enjoy his stay in Fortune amidst all the facilities and would not look in for any other option in future. The starting price of the rooms in Pune is Rs 8000/-, Navi Mumbai is Rs 8500/-, and Kolkata is Rs 6000/-.