Friday, April 11, 2008

Not a good re-start for "The Office"

I didn't think the season "premier" (post writers' strike) of The Office last night was very good. Sure, it was kind of fun to see the couples getting together, and Dwight was funny when he came to Michael and Jan's house with his babysitter. But it seemed to me the writers must have still been on strike and they got the B Team to write this episode.

What I especially didn't like was the new Jan. She was downright crazy. The dynamics used to be a lot funnier when she was the sophisticated boss being turned off/turned on by Michael's shenanigans. Last night was kind of like watching Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner going at each other in The War of the Roses. It was embarrassing, not funny. And Jim and Pam didn't do much besides look at each other and the camera with those befuddled looks on their faces.

Not a good start out of the gate for me. Hopefully it'll be The Office I've always loved next week.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Yep, my pastor recommended "The Office" to me this past week so I made sure to watch it last night. It was pretty silly.

Louis was "the boss" for a long time and we entertained employees and their spouses at our house often. This show made me think we did a fantastic job!

Pam said...

I'm glad you said that, Mike. I totally agree. The Office is usually written so much better. Jan's character wasn't very believable to me either because she would have been trying to be sophisticated even if she didn't feel like it. Weird. I hope they get the varsity team back on the court.

Mumsflowers said...

,,,I dunno...I think we are watching Jan slide into insanity.

tim said...

that's the same thing i told your daughter. 5 months and they only came up with that...

Joel said...

Well keep in mind that this episode was never meant to be a cliff hanger/season premier episode. It was already shot and in the pipeline to be aired before the strike happened.

But I will admit that it was a rather 'rough' episode to watching. Tonight's episode sounds a lot more promising.

jam said...

I think this episode was one of the best ones so far. I loved seeing the couples out and how awkward they were. It was hilarious. I am disappointed by the last three since then. I usually watch them over and over and I can't even stand the "Chair Model" one. I can tell that was a post strike episode. Horrible.

jam said...

I think this episode was one of the best ones so far. I loved seeing the couples out and how awkward they were. It was hilarious. I am disappointed by the last three since then. I usually watch them over and over and I can't even stand the "Chair Model" one. I can tell that was a post strike episode. Horrible.