Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Odes Project

This morning at our church, the Worship Ministry performed a number of songs from The Odes Project. I have fallen in love with this music! The songs are modern translations and arrangements of ancient Christian hymns called the Odes of Solomon. For some fascinating information about the Odes Project and the songs on which it is based, go here.

Jonathan Noel, our Director of Worship and Music, contributed his voice and piano-playing to the original recording of the Odes. On the website referenced above, you can listen to some of the songs and order the CDs. They are an inspiring collection of worship music.

The folks in our worship ministry did an outstanding job this morning and I thank them all.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I really miss worshiping with you guys. Johnny said it was really awesome this morning (preaching too).

kristinwithani said...

Oh, Mike, I am hooked. Thank you so much for sharing. This is my new music for my day with the Lord today!