Friday, November 14, 2008

GSTV

Have you seen what's new on TV? It's the Gas Station Television Network. I pulled up to the local Wal-Mart station today ($2.02 a gallon by the way!), and was met by a television screen mounted on the pump. A woman was giving me the Orlando weather report, then it was on to some news and a couple of commercials.

I thought, That's exactly what I need: more information -- all the time!

A little hint of what's ahead, 1984-style? Will there be nowhere to go to get away from noise and flashing images?!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Better brush up on my newspeak!

Laura Buhl said...

The result of constant news is that it becomes meaningless and non-news, just to fill up time. Oh, and we get 8 talking heads on screen at the same time. Have you seen that on CNN or whatever? Crazy.

TulipGirl said...

"A little hint of what's ahead, 1984-style? Will there be nowhere to go to get away from noise and flashing images?!

*shudder*