Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family's coming

This will be a great Christmas because my whole family will be together. It's been at least 2 years since that happened!

Our youngest son Michael is already home from college. On Christmas Eve our daughter Jennifer and her husband Tim will arrive with their Great Dane Li'l Bit. Late Christmas Day our other daughter Rebecca, her husband Scott, and their 3 kids will pull in after their all-day drive from Gulfport, Mississippi. Finally on Friday our older son David and his wife Lindsay will get here.

So it'll be a house full... but I'm so glad!

I came from a small family. It was just my parents, my older brother, and me. We didn't have many aunts and uncles or cousins. I never knew either of my grandfathers. My dad's only sibling, a brother, was killed in WWII. My mother had only one brother also, and he and his family lived out in California. Other than that, I had these somewhat mysterious relatives that I only heard about when my parents talked about them so I'd know they existed. But most of them I never met or don't remember.

So I consider it one of God's most wonderful gifts to me that my wife and I have four children, and that one of them already has 3 kids! Lord willing, all of my children will one day be married and have children of their own, so the Osborne family tree will grow a lot bigger. I want to do my little part to be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it to the glory of God!

No comments: