Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ocean Springs here they come

I am proud of my daughter Rebecca and her husband Scott! For the past several years they've lived in Gulfport, Mississippi, where Scott has pastored two small churches, Handsboro Presbyterian and New Life Presbyterian. He led those congregations through a challenging period of recovery from Hurricane Katrina, a huge accomplishment for a guy right out of seminary.

Earlier this month Scott was called to First Presbyterian Church of Ocean Springs, MS. His first Sunday is March 1. They bought a house in Ocean Springs a few weeks ago and are getting ready to make the big move. Fortunately, Ocean Springs is only about 30 minutes away from Gulfport, so my granddaughter Tyler can finish out her year of school without having to adjust to a new school until the fall.

Scott and Rebecca are a great team and I can't wait to see how God is going to use them to bring gospel transformation to Ocean Springs.

2 comments:

Curt Moore said...

Looking for sermons to listen to I saw this link at Third Mill. I am a PCA pastor at a church plant in Bay St. Louis, MS and have come to know Scott. I too am delighted for his new call.

Mike said...

Good to hear, Curt. I hope you guys can get together from time to time.