- Gran Torino - a moving, gripping, at times funny but convicting story about prejudice, repentance, and community that points very clearly to Calvary. I highly recommend this one, just be ready for a lot of street language.
- Slumdog Millionaire - Theme: God's grace to the despised and rejected. It's hard to watch for the violence involving children, but if you can get past that it's a wonderful story.
- Margot at the Wedding - This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Don't rent it. Talk about depressing! And the stuff the child actors were exposed to...sad.
- Watchmen - Hated every minute of it. Pretentious, pornographic, manipulative, etc.
- He's Just Not That into You - Don't give me a hard time for seeing this; I was with my wife on a date! Actually, I liked it! It had a positive message about marriage and commitment.
- The Wrestler - This is not for everybody. It's very raw. Scenes of men damaging each other's and their own bodies are perfectly horrible. But great acting and a compelling story of "redemption received and refused" make this a powerful film.
Friday, April 03, 2009
I've been bad about not posting any reviews for a long time. Here are some movies (good and bad) I've seen in the past few months: