Friday, April 03, 2009

My Friday group

I am having the best time meeting each Friday morning with three college-age guys who attend my church: Ted, Antonio, and Michael. We meet for an hour at Boston Coffeehouse. During the week we read 10 chapters of a book of the Bible on our own, then on Fridays we walk through those 10 chapters together. We share what we learned, ask questions of the text and each other, and offer whatever personal insights we have.

These guys re-energize me and often give me wholly new perspectives on Scripture. I don't normally sit down with college guys and hear about their world. It's awesome.

We finished the book of Genesis last week, and today we discussed Exodus 1-10. They ask the best questions, and together we're able to hear God speak in ways we might not individually.

No comments: