Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kindle

Shortly before I went to Japan on our church's mission trip I bought a Kindle. I knew I'd be sitting in a plane for 13 hours each way but didn't want to take a lot of books in my backpack. Kindle has changed my life! I am reading now more than ever - especially books that I wouldn't otherwise read. Here are a few of the books I'm reading...
  • The Girl on the Stairs: My Search for a Missing Witness to the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, by Barry Ernest - I'm hopelessly addicted to documentaries and writings about the death of JFK
  • Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath - a good read for leaders
  • Let the Nations Be Glad!, by John Piper - a motivating book about missions and why we can be confident in the church's Spirit-given ability to finish the Great Commission
  • The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins - Right, I jumped on the bandwagon.
  • Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, by Eric Metaxas - very detailed but inspiring biography
  • Why I Am Not an Arminian, by Robert Peterson and Michael Williams - an excellent summary and recommended for anyone wanting to understand what the Bible says about predestination

I originally bought the Kindle Keyboard model, but found it laborious to use the keyboard for typing notes and searching for books. So I traded up for a Kindle Touch. I like it much better. The touch screen makes it a lot easier to type. And even though the screen is the standard size it's overall smaller than the older version. I also bought a Kindle Touch cover with light that is really cool.

So thanks Kindle!

1 comment:

Philip said...

Ha! You're reading the hunger games. I found them impossible to put down.

My Mom said something funny in regards to them: "I just don't like reading about children killing children." To which I answered sarcastically, "I just love it!"