Monday, July 29, 2013

Book writing begins

In an earlier post I shared about the book I am writing. Tomorrow it begins in earnest! I'm taking advantage of my annual study leave at church to write a proposal for my agent, along with at least an introduction and first chapter.

Many pastors out there are in the midst of a ministry storm and don't know what to do. I read recently that over 1,700 pastors leave the ministry each MONTH! That doesn't seem possible. Seventy-five percent of pastors report a significant stress-related crisis at least once in their ministry. Several of the men who were my friends in seminary are no longer pastors. I just about gave up once myself. After my ministry crisis I felt cynical about the church, feared another failure, was suspicious of other church leaders, and felt very far away from God. Thanks to God's grace and a loving church family, I recovered. I love being a pastor.

But my book is aimed at those people in ministry who are in the hurricane, are discouraged, and don't see a way out. 


If you'll pray for me I'll be forever grateful!


1 comment:

kristinwithani said...

Mike, I thought of you when I read Emily's post about book writing. Simple, experiential advice.

http://www.chattingatthesky.com/2013/07/30/write-your-first-book/